MANCHESTER GATEWAY TRAIL
The ‘Manchester Gateway’ Pedestrian/Bicycle Pathway System
This facility provides local transportation and recreation opportunities for all bicycles and pedestrians in harmony with the natural environment, and in furtherance of the Village’s Master Plan vision of creating a more livable, sustainable community for Manchester residents.
- A 1.5 mile bike/ped. pathway from NY Rte 96 to Clifton St. in the Village, then continuing south to Water St. with southern trailhead near Bliss Shurfine parking lot.
- Pedestrian staircase from eastern edge of the Main St. Municipal Parking Lot down to pathway level approx. 40 ft. below.
- Sidewalk on NY Rte. 96, from the 21/96 intersection to “Friendly Village” MHP and northern Pathway terminus.
- Benches, trash receptacles, cautionary and interpretive signage, and information signs. Also, two historical interpretation kiosks by the fire hall and near the legendary railroad trestle overpass on Canandaigua Outlet. (Visit the trestle to find out why it’s legendary!)
- Environmentally appropriate landscaping to restore and enhance the natural beauty of the streambank habitat. This will be a beautiful pathway!
- Pamphlet available at village office. This pathway will be a teaching tool for all ages!